WJA Leadership Conference: Austin, TX
As President-Elect of the Metro New York Chapter of the Women's Jewelry Association, I had the pleasure of joining WJA's leaders from around the country in Austin, TX for a weekend in March to discuss the future of WJA and plan for the years ahead.
I had such an incredible weekend in Austin with the Women's Jewelry Association for the annual Leadership Conference. Women (and man) gathered from across the US to learn from each other, practice our public speaking skills, dance with cowboys, and share ideas for improving ourselves and our communities. It is such a privilege to serve and represent the largest (and best) chapter of WJA in the country as the President Elect of WJA New York Metro and I am so excited to bring the vibrancy of these incredible women (and man) back to New York to make even more exciting events and opportunities for Metro in the future!
Conference Highlights included:
- Launch of WJA Connect, WJA's new online communications platform
- Power of Public Speaking Workshop
- Two-Stepping at some of Austin's finest authentic cowboy bars!
- Visits to WJA Leader's stores in Austin: Eliza Page and Amanda Deer
- In The Spotlight Dinner at the Austin Public Library Honoring the WJA Shining Stars from across the country. WJA Metro New York is lucky to have Olga Gonzalez as our recipient of the Shining Star Award for the second time!
- Gospel Brunch at Stubb's
- Live music at the Continental where we learned some very spirited dance moves!
I can't wait to attend again next year and represent WJA"s biggest and best chapter, Metro New York, as President!